Production Blog : Film Review

 



Hey blog! I'm back, and this time my opening sequence is done! However, you won't be 
seeing it just yet. Someone, on the other hand, got to see it. For our opening sequence, we were able to select someone to review it. I chose both, my mother and my great friend and fellow school peer, Jahziah. I initially just wanted my mothers opinion, but having a peer in AICE media studies review my opening sequence could be beneficial. Overall, similar comments were made. They both enjoyed the storyline. They liked how the scenes were clear and in sequence. The costumes were of great use as well. Jahziah said they added to the mood and vibe of the movie, and added to the horror scenery and genre. My mother said my brother, wearing all black, made him look like an actual perpetrator in a horror film. They both loved the use of the Scream mask and the knife prop as well. Jahziah mentioned how she enjoyed the realistic setting in the beginning. The background noise and cars honking while walking late night in the neighborhood, was realistic and a great addition. In addition to background noise, Jahziah made great commentary on the sound effects. Jahziah said she also enjoyed the lighting, and how the exposure was made lower to compliment the mood.  My mother, with not much of experience LOL, did however complimented the use of angles. She loved the medium and long shots, as well as the pan in which Hailey ran to her room. Jahziah did compliment on the angles as well. They both collectively congratulated the acting and overall performance. It was made like a realistic group of teenager's on a call and pulling a "prank". 

Jahziah said that our opening sequence kept her intruiged, and was not boring at all. I was very thankful for the feedback amongst the two individuals. There was, however, some constructive criticism given by Jahziah that I'll be using to make our opening sequence better! You'll see that in the next blog though! See you next time blog family!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard For My Music Video